Most of the time, achieving a goal requires an intentionality, and this is my attempt to regain my reading momentum for the year. Inspired by a video by MarionHoney, I listed 10 books I’d like to read as part of my 52-book goal this year. This is my usual target, and I haven’t been reaching it in the past few years.
That’s basically it. A list of 10 books I want to read. These aren’t new books, but books I already own. Do you have anything specific you’d like to read this year? I’ll be keeping track of my reading progress via GoodReads. Let’s be friends. :)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, J.R.R. Tolkien*
- The Giver, Lois Lowry*
- Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
- The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood*
- The Bone Clocks, David Mitchell
- A Lover’s Discourse, Roland Barthes*
- Words for Art: Criticism, History, Theory, Practice, Barry Schwabsky*
- Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert (trans. by Lydia Davis)*
- S, J.J. Abrams & Doug Dorst
- House of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski*
* partly read/abandoned
P.S. The book club mentioned in the video is/was called Read Hard. Hi Zet! Hi Aldrin!