I’m currently in the middle of a lot of texts, but for fiction I’m chewing on the second book from The Raven Cycle (by Maggie Steifvater) and Can’t and Won’t by Lydia Davis. I just finished Kim Gordon’s Girl in a Band and wow! Just. Wow. I absolutely loved seeing things from her perspective—her twenties seemed like such a different time.
Writing assignments, a recap of Jessica Jones‘s first three episodes, a bit of fiction (!), and I guess a few blog posts.
I’m still on a Made in the AM kick. Should I do an album review? I don’t know. In the meantime, this is probably my favorite MitAM review, especially the last paragraph:
I wonder what it’s like to not have your mood yo-yo so much, affecting how you function in the kind of society that seems to value productivity and image above all else. And also how much I really want a hashbrown.
Coffee coffee coffee.
The materialistic hoe in me is v. tempted to do more online shopping (I did a bit yesterday, oops) but I’m trying to stop myself. I mean, that’s not a wish, I guess, but maybe it is? Like I wish I had the money and the space and the lack of a conscience to mindlessly shop and like, I wish that that could fill the void in my soul. Just kidding about the last part.
That all of my streaming of Made in the AM is helping them out in the charts. This is an actual current hope. But in the grand scheme of things, I guess I hope everyone in the world is, in some way, doing okay.
What I was wearing yesterday because I’ve yet to take a shower.
Made in the AM, my Hobonichi (reunited & it feels so good), my new phone (!), rediscovering old makeup favorites, this productivity app that lets you focus and put down your phone, this other app that records data (made by Nicholas Felton), selfies, Snapchat, Jessica Jones, the balance of darkness and extreme corniness of The 100, drunk girls and puppies, etc. I mean, there are a lot of things I’m having a moment with.
I want to make “I Want to Write You a Song” into a blanket to wrap myself in and protect myself from everything else.
I need to get a grip, thanks.
I’M! STILL! SICK! This is bananas. And something I 100% do not need!
Oh man, lots of good pieces online, I’m buzzing.
- #ALLMYMOVIES: a Conversation With LaBeouf, Rönkkö & Turner — First of all, this thing! About the thing! Shia LaBeouf pulled. I’m sure you’ve heard about it.
- Selfie by Rachel Syme — seriously a must-read. This is the subhead: “The revolutionary potential of your own face, in seven chapters.” How nice is that?
- Zayn Malik’s New Direction by Duncan Cooper — I MEAN. OF COURSE. This killed me like approx. 20 times. And then brought me back to life.
- Here Comes Zayn Malik over at Stereogum
- Zayn Malik never asked to be our token Muslim by Kaitlyn Tiffany re: that stupid shit move Huffington Post made, posting a photo of Zayn in a tweet for a podcast about ISIS/Daesh where they barely talked about him.
- American Beauty: Snapshots of the National in Transition by Ryan Leas for Stereogum — a beautiful read on my original OT5.
- This week’s issue of Young Star was great (check the ones posted on November 20). The theme is books, so I suppose that’s expected. I wrote, in betrayal, about how much I wanted JKR to stop betraying me by thoughtlessly making up Harry Potter canon. Truthfully, Sam Lee’s Love and Other Stories made me tear up.
- And because I am Jelena trash: Justin Bieber Serenaded Selena Gomez With ‘My Girl’ at a Hotel Bar Like They’re in the Third Act of a Rom-Com
(I’m on an intense Zayn watch, if you couldn’t tell already.)
The Sunday Currently was originally created by SiddaThornton