Sorry to spring another TSC, right after the last post. But well, here ya go anyway.
Finishing up Meghan Daum’s The Unspeakable, which I have mixed feelings about and Kim Gordon’s Is It My Body?, which I’m honestly having a bit of trouble with.
Nothing concrete at the moment, just a bunch of outlines that I feel like will help me out in the, um, future.
I made a mix on Spotify for July, will post it here soon.
I’m watching Sense8 right now, but I stopped myself from downloading all of the episodes because I still want to be a functional human being and not, like, a degenerate T.V.-watcher, like how I normally am. Liking it so far, but the tone’s weirdly not how I expected it to be.
Life, lol. No big deal.
My morning coffee, mmm.
That the tides would turn and whatnot.
Every time I see these prompts, I think about that Side A song, lol. I’m sorry.
Tank & boxers & bare feet.
The feeling of putting together a zine. :) I’ve been putting making one off for a long time because I’m lazy and it takes me an excruciatingly long time to get stuff done, but when I was actually making it, I felt really good. :)
OK, this sounds dumb and unnecessary, but I kinda want a new phone. I’ve had my iPhone 4 for a few years, and although I am in absolutely no position to get a new one, I think I just might get one and pay for it in installments. I’ve been advised to wait until the new one comes out so that I can get the older model for cheaper, but I’m scared that I’ll end up wanting the new one… like an asshole who thinks she has money but doesn’t.
A faster internet connection, tbh.
Ill-at-ease, which is a pretty great way to describe the particular feeling the word was made to describe.
I’ve got a bunch of cool links, actually! I’m so excited to share.
- The Radium Girls and the Generation that brushed its Teeth with Radioactive Toothpaste — amazing story that has instilled in me a new and irrational fear of new chemicals. Very, very interesting read.
- 17 Things I Wish I’d Known at Age 17 by Hannah Hart.
- A Book List, if you’re a college graduate and lost — I’ve read a few here and some I loved, others I hated. So, I’m hoping the rest of the list is worth dipping into.
- July/August issue of Poetry with a section called “Pathetic Little Thing” curated by Tavi Gevinson.
- The Art of Code by Jonathan Katz — great piece about Robert Rauschenberg and Jasper Johns (if you know what I mean), and a bunch of other stuff.
The Sunday Currently was originally created by SiddaThornton
Header up top is from Liv Vinluan’s Cariño Brutal, which opened two days ago at Finale.