Wasn’t planning on writing a post today, but it’s a rare Friday during which I don’t feel like hiding from the world as much as I usually do.
- Carly Rae Jepsen. In general, plus a multitude of things. Bea was nice enough to buy tickets for me, Chard, and Zaxx so that we could all watch her show together! Fingers crossed that people will be allowed to stand up and dance. That’s just what you do when CRJ is playing. Also caught her interview with Grim, my love, on the Breakfast Show. She said that if she had to be a fruit, she’d be a plum. I want to squeeze her. She sounds as cute as she looks, omg.
- Five Years of One Direction. I’m a bb fan, obvs, but 1D celebrated their fifth year together and it was so nice. I tuned into Magic’s 1D Party and spent an inordinate amount of time on Tumblr, looking at photos and watching fan videos. I also wrote a short personal note on it on my Tumblr, but basically… They make me happy, that’s it.
- Ziam. Um, that it’s real?
- The Yard. The Yard is my retail baby with my sister. Basically, we draw and make stuff. I’ve been super bad at it, but we’re working on it, slowly but surely, and that makes me happy. :)
- L’Officiel Manila. The online arm of L’Officiel Manila launched and I’m part of the writing team! I wrote about Frida Kahlo and nail polish. For real!
- This photo of Grimmy. It’s from a 2013 issue of LOVE Magazine and I can’t. He’s so cute.
- The response on my last post! Seriously, you guys. <3 I did not expect. I usually ramble and I know you're not supposed to do it for comments, but it's nice to talk to other people, you know? It feels less like you're shouting into the void.
- Tea. I’m a compulsive tea purchaser but I rarely drink it. I go through periods of tea-drinking, but my default is always coffee. Anyway, I’ve been slowly going through my tea stash and enjoying it very much.
- Steven Universe. Working my way through the first couple of episodes and I’m loving it so far. I’ve been screencapping certain scenes to kinda copy and practice on for drawing.
- Jonny Pierce added me back on Snapchat! I haven’t snapped since, lol, but still! Jonny Pierce! I interviewed him as press stuff for Wanderland over the phone, and it was such a weird miracle. I don’t know. I love him so much.
And that’s it! Today feels light. Kind of sad to admit that the Ziam twitter interaction may have a hand in this. Oh well.
Oh, one more happy thing I guess is that I walked to the bank today. If you’re feeling stuck and like, suffocating, it’s nice to take a walk. I have weird anxiety about crossing streets, but I did it by myself today. I know that sounds like a dumb thing to feel accomplished about, but well, there you go.
Check out the Friday’s 10 Happy Things link-up at Helga’s for more happy stuff!
Header’s an axed study for a book cover I’m working on.