This list meme/exercise was made for days like the past few days. Which is to say they have been shit.
- My So-Called Direction — basically the best, like, low-key AU/crossover of all time
- Archie #1 — which is, I feel like, the start of something amazing. I already love Fiona Staples’ work, so this was particularly exciting
- My current ukulele repertoire — I can now somewhat play One Direction’s “One Thing,” Carly Rae Jepsen’s “I Really Like You,” and Bright Eyes’ “First Day of My Life.” Not well, mind you. Except “One Thing,” which I kill at. If I do say so myself.
- Code & Quill notebooks — I finally got my Kickstarter rewards! So far, so good. Minimal bleeding, even from a 1.1mm LAMY nib. Yay.
- Krispy Kreme, specifically the iced chocolate ones with sprinkles; I don’t actually know what they are called
- My undercut, I guess — I mean. I do like it a lot, it’s just. It feels a little sad that it’s a highlight of the week… which it is, but you know. It’s still a little pitiful.
- New Ghostbusters cast photos! — I’m so excited, Kate McKinnon looks so cute, etc.
- This cute lil video of Carly Rae Jepsen — It’s so cute, I love her. I can’t wait for everyone who’s waiting for the US release of Emotion to hear it, it’s amazzzzing.
- Movie date with my mom and my sister — We saw The Breakup Playlist, which was pretty cute. Both Sarah Geronimo and Piolo Pascual were equally distractingly attractive in different, though similarly radiant ways. S i g h.
- My dad’s show, Abandoned, which opened yesterday! — In case you wanna drop by, it’s over at Art Informal, which is along Connecticut St. by Greenhills. It’s across-ish Conti’s, if that helps. Very proud of him!
Aside from these things, I suppose having jobs and responsibilities is technically a happy highlight even though it curdles my blood to think about, honestly. I don’t know if that’s TMI, and I’m honestly not being an ingrate, but these are feelings that I have, even though my rational brain knows otherwise. It’s a weird disconnect. Yeah.
Hope it’s been happier wherever you are, and here’s the link-up over at Helga’s if you want a happier list of Happy Things.